Roleplaying author best known in the 1980s (over 25 million copies sold). Former active contributor on this site. Received "Top User Swag Package" from StackExchange.
Haven't been here much lately. I have plenty of RPG websites to visit, and this site is actively hostile to old-school gamers (including me). Moderators encourage it and even participate in the abuse. Example: One moderator refuses to rephrase his question: "In most RPGs, PCs become inured to murder..." Not in my 35 years of experience, sonny. That's like saying 'this banana is rotten so all bananas are rotten.' (And there's lots more negativity around here, and very few old school questions.)
To add insult to injury (literally), I was publicly derided/insulted by Community Coordinator Josh Heyer (aka Shog9), in blatant violation of the alleged policy (link below).
::shrug:: I don't need the abuse. Look me up on other sites (user name ExTSR almost everywhere).
Top Network Posts
- 50What were the driving factors in the falling out between Dave Arneson and Gary Gygax?
- 29Should a GM be a Player?
- 24Where does the distinction between "Mind Flayer" and "Illithid" come from?
- 21In early D&D, why would chainmail ever be preferred over plate armor?
- 20How do you help players not focus on the rules?
- 18Was Original D&D an Historical Wargame?
- 17How can you encourage players to role play in line with their culture?
- View more network posts →