Role player started with 3.5 then moved on to 4e, I prefer "generic" Western fantasy with mages, clerics and knights.
I prefer systems that aren't built on nostalgia for their appeal, that being said I still favour what are seen as old school concepts class based games explicit rules etc short version if you want me to play your knight class don't even try to say "it's exactly how we played them in 1980" try to help me see how the class is fun on it's own.
My two major turn-offs are deliberately imbalanced PC classes and a over-reliance on DM calls.
Top Network Posts
- 21Why was Melkor aka Morgoth created without a female counterpart?
- 17Is there a fantasy RPG system which does not try to be old-school?
- 16\thanks won't appear in IEEEtran
- 15Why don't Jedi and Sith wear minimal gear for maximal lightsaber efficiency?
- 12How is Polymorph "broken"?
- 11Is Karkaroff's first name (Igor) an allusion to Frankenstein?
- 11What are the relations between Hogwarts Houses, outside of Gryfindor/Slytherin enmity?
- View more network posts →